Tuesday 20 September 2011

Starting Out: Initial Ideas.

So begins my 3rd year and final major project! 


I've had some ideas for some time as to what I might do and I think I'm probably going for something a little too ambitious. Though there's nothing wrong with aiming high.


What I've thought up so far is to do a matchmoved film of a strange animal which is sighted somewhere in the greens around Cambridge. The project will be focused heavily around realistic, organic-looking animation and lighting. This involves using a very wide range of skills: rendering, lighting, dynamics, rigging, animation, modelling, texturing and post-production. 


I realise that I might not be able to achieve these, so if needs be I'll might cut out certain aspects. For example I might, instead of aiming to produce a full, polished short film, just focus on the realistic animation and leave out lighting and matchmoving (skills which I already demonstrated in my matchmoved film project with some success).


What I would really like to focus on too, in this project, is a return to my traditional drawing skills. I feel that in the past 2 years I really haven't focussed on this despite it being my strongest skill. This will mean doing some anatomical studies and concept drawings for everything before it becomes digital.


Just this evening I did a quick anatomical drawing in photoshop:
 I just did it to improve my digital painting technique and knowledge of human anatomy/muscle structure (hence, exaggerated muscles).


That's all for now. I'll update as things evolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment